Tuesday 12 May 2015

TOP TEN TUESDAY: AUTHORS I WANT TO MEET

Today I decided to participate in another Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week the topic is top ten authors you would want to meet. I'm counting deceased authors because I don't think I can think of 10 living ones!



1. J.K. Rowling - My childhood, my queen. Need I say more?
2. Jane Austen - Pride and Prejudice was the first classic I ever read and it opened up this whole new world of reading. I also need her to find me a Darcy!
3. William Shakespeare - I'm a complete Shakespeare nerd so I would love to meet the man himself and put those pesky rumours to rest that he's not real.
4. Roald Dahl - Matilda and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory were among my favourite books as a child and even the movies were such big parts of my life.
5. J.R.R. Tolkien - The man who made Middle Earth. I just want to meet the guy who can make such complex worlds and characters and such a beautiful story.
6. George Orwell - 1984 was my favourite book we were required to read in high school. It had such an impact on the way I look at things. I think he would be such an interesting guy to talk to and I would love his opinions on the current state of our world.
7. Oscar Wilde - My love for Wilde has only blossomed this year when I read The Picture of Dorian Gray and The Importance of Being Earnest. Both such excellent works. He also has a really interesting/tragic life that I would love to hear more about.
8. Lewis Carroll - Or Charles Dodgson. Alice in Wonderland has been a favourite of mine for so long and I want to meet the mind that came up with such an eccentric story. The guy was also a genius and a recluse so he'd be quite an interesting character to converse with.
9. Christopher Marlowe - Because damn, Doctor Faustus was so dark and so good.
10. Samuel Beckett - So I can ask him what the hell he was thinking when he wrote Waiting for Godot.

This was surprisingly difficult for me but I came up with ten! Who's on your list?

10 comments :

  1. This is a great list! I had to include deceased authors, too. I think Lewis Carroll would be an interesting one to meet--I didn't even think about it.

    My TTT: http://emilyseals.blogspot.com/2015/05/five-authors-i-really-want-to-meet.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I think deceased authors would be so much more interesting to meet because it's not like we can read or watch any interviews with them so we don't really have an understanding of who they were as a person!

      Delete
    2. Tolkien is on my list too - one of South Africa's greatest exports!
      I read 1984 at school too - in 1984! Okay now that my age is revealed....
      J.K. Rowling will always be a favourite as will Lewis Carroll. I loved Oscar Wilde's The Happy Prince.
      My TTT

      Delete
    3. I haven't read The Happy Prince! Going to add that to my TBR hah! Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
  2. The only one I had on my list was JK Rowling but if I hadn't limited myself to just living authors then Roald Dahl would probably have made it too.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/12/top-ten-tuesday-4/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm realizing now that the majority of my list is deceased authors! Your list is great!

      Delete
  3. Love your list! Rowling and Wilde made mine as well.

    http://hiddenstaircase.net/2015/05/12/ttt-top-ten-authors-i-really-want-to-meet/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I hadn't thought to include deceased authors to my TTT post this week.

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-ten-authors-i-really.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was finding it so hard for me to think of living authors that I had to go with deceased ones!

      Delete

Copyright © 2014 The Little Library Lounge

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi